Treatment of Child Cancer under Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY): As we know that there are many Beneficiary Schemes are covered under Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY). Now the central govt. has decided that the treatment of Child Cancer will be covered under this Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY). Dr Vinod Kumar Paul is a NITI Aayog Member and he said that the govt. has already fixed the rates for the child cancer treatment. This Scheme will benefit the BPL and Lower middle-class family and it will provide health insurance of five lakh rupees to poor families.
The Union Govt. has decided to open Health and Wellness Centres. These HWCs will get open by FY 2022 under the Ayushman Bharat Scheme. Around 1.5 lakhs HWCs will get open and it will provide all-inclusive health care to cure diseases like diabetes, cancer, hypertension and cardiovascular diseases. This Scheme was informed by Dr Vinod Kumar Paul while he was attending a function in New Delhi on 9 September 2018. And NITI Aayog officially announced that childhood cancer will be now available for the treatment under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY).
Treatment of Child Cancer covered under PM Jan Arogya Yojana
The Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY) or Ayushman Bharat Yojana will launch by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. This scheme will launch on the birth anniversary of Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay which is on 25 September 2018. Even the Central govt has approved treatment package rates for 1350 diseases which will get cover under this scheme. Along with all these diseases which will get cover, the treatment of childhood cancer will also get cover under the PM Jan Arogya Yojana.
- The Childhood Cancer is a curable disease if an only if it is diagnosed at an early stage.
- The Cancer disease is not an infectious disease thus no need to worry as it will not get spread from 1 child to another one.
- The Childhood Cancer is usually not inherited through genes. And it is curable if it is early diagnosed and if it gets a good treatment to cure it fast.
- The Childhood cancer is way different than cancer in an adult. As the children are fast growing but they are more sensitive. And to get cure from Cancer you need to go through the process called Chemotherapy treatment.
- Children have more chances to revive from cancer and the treatment is realistic and it is curable.
- Parents should care for children at home and ensure treatment discipline and should take care of good hygiene and balanced nutrition.
In today’s scenario, the number of children is around 3% who develops cancer and thus the ratio is significantly low. Thus the cure rate is high. So the Central Govt. planned to include the Childhood Cancer Treatment in PM Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY).